Site History: This website used to have several blogs, from the numerous free subdomains used by different bloggers, until the website shut down in 2008. Some popular subdomains were:
Address of blog: sinolicka.blog.com.mk
This blog was created and managed by Violet Association, a non-profit group created to help and support people with Down Syndrome in Macedonia. The association sought to fight for the right of these people through pressurizing the government to develop strategies and policies to care for patients
Many governments have not done much towards building strategies to help and support these people in order to allow them to function as equal citizens with their own rights, needs and obligations.
Silent discrimination begins in childhood after one is discovered to have been born with the condition. Parents often do not have the courage to accept their child with Down syndrome. As a result, many children lose their privilege to grow up with their biological parents and siblings.
Children with Down syndrome in the majority of cases are excluded from the educational process from kindergarten up to primary and secondary schools. Employment or independent living with some support is often denied. The different examples, unfortunately sporadic and due to the perseverance and dedication of parents and humanity of individuals.
Down syndrome (trisomy 21) is one of the most common disorders of genetics (occurs in one of 700-1000 newborns) and result in disabilities and cognitive development in general medical status of these people. Some of them may have serious health problems, and some little or no difficulty. Most people with Down syndrome usually suffer from mild to moderate cognitive impairment.
Violet Association was on the forefront of advocating for acceptance of these people in the society through workshops and several awareness programs.
Several things that people with Down syndrome would like to you already know about them:
- We have one more chromosome (21st), but the remaining 46 chromosomes are also present – as well as other people.
- Each person with Down syndrome has more in common with members of his family than with other persons with Down syndrome.
- We want to be named by our first names, not according to our difficulties. Down syndrome is only a part of all that we are: first of all – PEOPLE.
- Down syndrome causes intellectual difficulties, but it is not a disease. Some people with Down syndrome have associated health problems and they need quality treatment and care for their health and others. Nowadays, people with Down syndrome live longer and healthier than ever – most live between 50 and 60 years.
- We begin to learn as babies and do not stop until we have the opportunity and good health. With good training many of us can learn to read and write and learn more than ever before.
- We have feelings, thoughts, ideas, interests and dreams. We know what we want in our lives and from it – friends, work a kind of independence to start. We love and enjoy his life when we are supported by their family and community – as, indeed, all people.
- We live with everyday challenges in communicating – but also have a lot to tell you. You may have trouble understanding you talk a man with Down syndrome, but in most cases we are excellent speakers. Please do not listen carefully and give us a little time. In most cases a lot more understanding than we can express.
- We will make sure that we successfully work with different levels of support, some (not all) jobs: in offices, assistance in childcare, hospitals, gardening …
Address of blog: bregalnicastip.blog.com.mk
This blog was created and managed by a football enthusiast who used to update the blog with information and news about FK Bregalnica Stip, a football club based in Stip, Republic of Macedonia.
The club is nicknamed ‘The Blues’ based on the blue color which adorns the club playing uniform, logo etc. The football club plays in the Macedonian First Football League. The club plays there games at ground Bregalnica Arena Stip which has a sitting capacity of 4000 people in full attendance.
The owner of this blog also used to provide free betting tips to football gamblers by analyzing various games in the Macedonian league.